Located inside the "Torre" salt warehouse, MUSA keeps a slice of the history of Cervia, keeping alive the memory of the work in the saltworks thanks to the collection of documents, tools and photos that show the environment and the process of salt production.
The museum develops through paths that explore the evolution of the landscapes and the community, from man's work to social life.
Inside there are some interesting finds such as the burchiella, a flat-bottomed iron boat used until the end of the 1950s to transport salt. Of great interest are the ancient wooden tools used for the production and collection of salt, the images of the salt workers, the objects and everything that revolves around the story of production of salt.
The Museum, created to protect and preserve objects, images and documents that bear witness to the civilization of salt, is now a place of meeting, cultural growth and research, promotes the study and knowledge of the material and immaterial heritage of the city to preserve memory and stimulate interest in the past and in the history of the city.
Meeting point (10 min before the start time):
MUSA - Salt Museum
Nazario Sauro Avenue, 24
48015 Cervia RA
- The use of the protective mask is mandatory for all visitors aged 6 years and over
- It is obligatory to always keep a distance of at least one metre from other people who do not belong to your household.
- Booking and online purchase of guided tours is strongly recommended.
- We recommend that you arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes in advance.
- One person can enter the Tourist Information Office one at a time at a time, after having put on the mask and sanitized his hands by means of a special gel dispenser at the entrance.
- In case of illness, we ask to stay home. If you have booked for a date or time when you can no longer participate, you can contact the Tourist Information Office of Cervia to change your booking on +39 0544 974400 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org every day from 9.30 am to 6.30 pm.
- Categoria Visit Romagna
- Cervia (RA)
- Meeting point
- Meeting Point:
MUSA Salt Museum
Viale Nazario Sauro, 24, 48015 Cervia (RA)
- Categoria Destinazione per Festività